Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week 2: 01/04-01/10

Week 2
     This was the first week in probably 3 years that I had literally nothing to do. Jonah and I got bored pretty fast, especially considering the temperature dropped well below zero and we were stranded indoors. Most of our time was spent in front of the TV or computers...yeah, pretty lame. BUT it did allow me to start this blog and make a list of all the movies and TV shows I want to watch in the near future (thanks to the Golden Globes). I'm considering making a separate blog page devoted to movie/TV/book/music reviews. I started a spreadsheet that outlines every single concert I've attended at some point, but it's incomplete. Maybe I'll work on that this upcoming week. I'll be home alone all week and need something "productive" to do.
     I just finished watching the movie "Bernie" with Jack Black. It was interesting. It's a true story and a strange one, but I think the most striking part about it is really speaks to the idea that even if we know somebody has committed a crime, like murder, even if they've confessed to it, we still won't believe it if they are the nicest person in the world.

Profound Thought: People's perceptions of reality are so much stronger than reality itself, it's striking.

2 comments: