Saturday, June 6, 2015

Week 23: 05/31-06/06

Week 23
     05/31 - I'm fairly certain that on this day we actually just chilled, super chilled. I got some work done at the apartment, nothing noteworthy or interesting. Sorry for the boring post haha.
     06/01 - Today I made banana bread and I will eventually put the recipe on here. I make it all the time so I don't really understand how it isn't on here yet....hmmm...I also made a second visit to the Space Needle souvenir shop to get more postcards. I've send a lot of them lately, so I ran out. While I was there, however, I picked up a sweeeeeet keychain:

Oh yeah, very sweet
     06/05 - FUN FRIDAY! So KPFF does this awesome thing once a month where people get together and have a few appetizers/drinks at Rock Bottom Brewery on a Friday after work. Well the kids table (yes, I call the younger employees/interns the "kids table") was a fun time and I also got to meet several people within the company that I wouldn't normally work with directly. This was the start of a rather adventurous evening....
     So the tale goes as follows: At Rock Bottom Ryan and I ate a ton of food, I mean, it was free. We also drank four beers each, also free and non-inhibiting due to all the food. Afterwards, we went home and made dinner (why? I don't know). We ate dinner (with a beer) then, fully stuffed to the gills, we decided it might be fun to go to the bars. We headed up to Rhein Haus, an awesome German-style bar (for details see the Seattle page). At said Haus, we ordered 1L beers (a delicious hefeweissen)....now, we weren't overly intoxicated at all, but we were completely full. I struggled to actually drink the beer because I had so much food in my stomach...After eventually finishing the colossal brews, we wandered the streets of Capitol Hill, one of Seattle's neighborhoods that has a lot of young hipster types and many many bars. After a long walk we got home safely and slept off our massive stomachs.
     06/06 - Today, Ryan and I ventured out to Alki Beach (pronounced Al-Kai, don't say it wrong or they will give you a hard time lol). We took a water taxi over to West Seattle then a bus or two to the actual beachwalk area. It was a really cool area to visit, fully equipped with a ton of unique restaurants and a lively beach. We went to a lighthouse that was manned by three old-school Coast Guards. I like to think of these old dudes as the first line of defense against the Russians. We ate dinner at a Mexican place called Cactus that was very delicious and moderately priced, I will definitely try to stop by there again.
Alki Beach

A patriotic Seattle shot

No comments:

Post a Comment