Sunday, June 14, 2015

Week 25: 06/14-06/20


Week 25
     06/14 - Today was my second "me day" and I decided it would be fun to try a new park. I chose Discovery Park and I was far from disappointed. The park offered a massive wooded area to hike and run, surrounded by beaches. I hiked through it on one side and hung out by the beach, then hiked back on the other side. While there, I found some cool beach huts people had build and a massive block of pumice:


     It seems to me that each new park/beach I've gone to becomes my new favorite. I guess I'm going to have to keep exploring and figure out just exactly which one is my favorite....hmmm...there are quite a few weekends left in the summer, this may get difficult.
     06/19 - Decide to change things up a bit. I changed my "Photos" link tab. Now, instead of linking to a defunct photo blog (which was a bad way to store pictures), it now links to VS Co....What is VS Co., you might ask? Well it stands for Visual Supply Company and is basically a photography company that got fed up with crappy phone camera apps, made their own, and turned it into a really cool site for photos and photo editing. The layout is much better than most photo blog sites I've seen, so it makes sense to use it.
     Anyways, today I did that and went to two great restaurants: Japonessa for lunch and Quinn's Pub for dinner. Japonessa was a delicious sushi place. If you go, be sure to go for lunch or before 6:30, everything is half price! With that in mind, it actually ended up being rather inexpensive and great quality. For dinner, we headed out to Quinn's Pub in Capitol Hill. They are a traditional American pub. I ordered their signature Sloppy Joe with fried egg, it was a delicious twist on a classic.
     06/20 - Went to a Seattle Sounders game and it was really cool. It marks my first professional soccer game and Seattle was a great place to go. We got free scarves too!

No comments:

Post a Comment