Sunday, June 21, 2015

Week 26: 06/21-0627

Week 26
     06/21 - Week 26 marks the halfway point in the year of 2015! I've posted weekly for 26 weeks, crazy. By now, I'm sure you've noticed a boring pattern of me doing stuff only on the weekends. Well this week was no different. Today, Sunday, I took my alone time back to Lake Union Park to check out a U.S. Open "festival" thing. It was cool, they were showing the Open live in a big screen and there were gift shops and things. At some point I just decided to hammock and climb very high in a tree...classic move.
     Later, I headed out to Gas Works Park to see what all the fuss was about there. Honestly, I wasn't impressed very much by the park itself. Sure, I took cool pictures, and sure I got to climb concrete arches, but overall it seemed like an average treeless hilly park where punks might hang out. However, I was impressed by the great view of Lake Union and Seattle that the park afforded. I think that's why most people go, because there were a lot of people on the park's big hill just watching the boats. PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS <- a self reminder..... Anyways, cool enough that I would take someone there maybe on a visit. My friend Kathleen is like obsessed with the idea of the place (she's never been out here) because she's a landscape architect....when I told her about it I hyped it up more than I actually thought because I didn't want to crush her dreams haha.
     06/26 - Aaaaaaaand this brings us to Friday. "So what happens during the week?" One might ask. Work happens, and copious amounts of grilling and sitcoms post-work. Friday's are fun because Friday. After work, I went out with some work people to a bars to watch the tail end of the USA vs. China women's World Cup game....people like soccer here apparently. It was a lot of fun talking with coworkers and just BS-ing. Plans were discussed about 4th of July parties so that was cool.
     06/27 - A Saturday spent at home, crazy right? I know...it wasn't wasted though. I made some progress in my search for a Texas apartment, watched some New Girl (it really is a funny show, I don't watch it just for Zooey D. as many might believe.....Katie) aaaand after all the apartment companies in Texas closed (4pm central time), I laid (lied?) out on the roof for several hours reading "A Dance with Dragons".... WHICH reminds me, I want to add a few pages to this blog.
      Ok, so I'm an avid reader, I like books, not digital Kindle or Nook BS; real paper books. If you didn't kill a tree to make it, it isn't worth reading (that'll be my profound thought ....). I've probably read like 200 books, but who's counting?...actually, that's my plan, to start counting and to keep a log of the books I've read, the author, when I read it (or re-read it or re-re-read it or....); you get the idea. Now, it should be easy henceforth because I've been reading thick books, so adding an entry will be a walk in the park. However, back-logging books will be a nightmare, so those will probably just be title, author, and rough estimates of when I read...no serious book review mumbo-jumbo. So that's that. I'll probably just do it in a google spreadsheet and make that the page link....
    If I'm feeling ambitious, I'll expand this idea to include movies, TV, and music. Somewhere in my well-organized computer file structure (not sarcasm, actually organized), I have already started a spreadsheet for concerts I've been to. Ok that's all for this week...phew.

Profound Thought: "Life is fun when described in lists. Think of almost any aspect of your life, how it has changed or even pros/cons for decisions, and make it a list.....so many possibilities there's actually a book like this I've seen that may be cool to pick up."

2 comments:

  1. This week's picture is great! Keep on exploring! ( and sharing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week's picture is great! Keep on exploring! ( and sharing)

    ReplyDelete