Saturday, October 31, 2015

Week 44: 10/25-10/31

Week 44

     10/28 - Today is my birthday! Plan for the day: chill out....and eventually Fuego of course. I'm now 23 years old and I feel old, which is weird, because I don't usually feel my age at each birthday, ya know? Anyways, I spent my morning with pancakes and sausage. As much as I didn't want to, I realized it would be important for me to do some HW today, so I did a quick bit and called it quits.

     My afternoon was spent in relaxation mode. For the first time since coming to TAMU I broke out the hammock! It's been too hot here to do so otherwise, weird. Lately, however, the weather has been wonderful, sunny and 75 today. I hammocked for a couple of hours, got chatted up by a literal tree-hugger about how we need to save the trees. I managed to bring a St. Arnold's Oktoberfest Bier with me so that made napping much easier. Perfect afternoon.

      For dinner Peter and I went to our new favorite place on campus, Fuego. Peter's a swell guy and paid for me dinner so that was nice of him. Afterwards I had imagined myself taking down a pitcher of beer somewhere but then I realized I'm old and full and tired so I just went home, watched Gladiator, poured myself a few fingers of Scotch (followed by three whiskey sweet teas), and played some video games. All in all it was a great day!
     10/29 - Back to reality. Lots of HW, life TBD. I got another big box of goodies from my parents today, my mom sent me stuff from home:




     10/31 - Happy Halloween! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays in the year, for selfish reasons of course. Because my birthday falls so close to Halloween, my birthday parties growing up have always been costume parties. So basically I equate Halloween with my birthday, just a huge costume birthday party all for me. The whole community dresses up in costumes and throws ragers just for me ;p
     This year, I decided I had enough hair and beard to be Rick Grimes from the Walking Dead. One thing to know about me is that I am very detail-oriented when it comes to Halloween costumes. I'm also very good at applying face paint and the like (I could have been a movie makeup artist probably...). Just another random thing I enjoy. I'm also cheap. I believe a good costume is more about bone structure and minute details than anything. If you don't look like Mr. T, don't put on a cheesy mohawk and go as Mr. T., show some class. If you have to explain who/what you are, you probably should've been something else.
     For dinner I cooked up a batch of pulled pork then Peter and I went to The Corner bar and had a few drinks. He then went home and I went out exploring/people watching. Basically Halloween in CS is much like Halloween in CU except a lot warmer and the people have more class. All in all, a fun night. Lots of people liked my costume.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm looking for Javan Samp, has anyone seen him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Javan,
    Your followers are getting anxious waiting to hear from you.
    Yours on the WWW,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete