Saturday, October 24, 2015

Week 43: 10/18-10/24

Week 43
     10/18 - Melissa and I spent her final full day here just relaxing and enjoying each other's company. It was an amazing visit and I'm so happy to have her :) Also, at some point in the day this happened:

     Later on, we went and saw The Martian (I had finished the book at some point last week). It was a great representation of what happens in the book and Matt Damon was a spot-on smartass. We spent the evening walking around campus, well sweatered, and I showed Melissa the Bonfire Memorial.
     10/19 - Today I drove Melissa to the airport to return to the frozen tundras of Illinois (not quite frozen yet..) I am thankful that she could visit and that all travels were safe. Until next time! :)
     10/21 - Took Peter to Fuego, he belives us now.
     10/22 - Discovered the Alumni building, holy cow. There's a massive Aggie Ring statue in front of it.

     10/23 - Have I yet mentioned how wonderful the liquor taxes are in Texas?  Basically, the taxes are really really low and the prices are low too...it's a win-win. Peter and I are expanding our whiskey repertoire rapidly. This time I got Tincup Whiskey, an American whiskey from Colorado that has a really rad bottle. Tonight Peter and I checked out  World of Beer and got flights of some local beers. It was a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment