Saturday, October 10, 2015

Week 41: 10/04-10/10

Week 41
     10/05 - Breakfast was fancy today. I'm enjoying my freedom. Sunday brunch is a big part of that freedom.
     I got a big box of health foods from my parents in the mail today. It's from a place called "Thrive" which I guess is an online health-foods store. This brings me back to the good ole' days of when  I was home-schooled and my mom worked at Nutrition Works. Lot's of time spent doing HW surrounded by vitamins....

     10/06 - Most of this week was just making food and eating it. A great big breath before the next week's fun! I got another care package today! This one from the lovey Melissa :) She sent me books! Yayy! There are cookbooks and other books! I'm most excited about the bread book, should lead to some great things.
     10/08 - Today I went to a scholarship banquet for the Fellowship I received. It was super fancy, much fancier than anything UIUC ever had, and a lot more people were there! Texans know how to banquet.
     10/09 - Today I tried my hand at the basic bread recipe from the "Tessajara Bread Book" that I got from Melissa. This book is apparently the "bread bible" so I'm excited to dive into it. It turns out there is a special way you're supposed to do everything, much more in the method than in the materials. Here are my results:


They turned out really well! The secret is in when/how you add the salt and oil, And how you knead the bread. I'm looking forward to experimenting some more.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment