Saturday, August 22, 2015

Week 34: 08/16-08/22

Week 34
     08/16 - Tis the week to pack for Texas! Or at least start thinking about thinking about packing. I cleaned out the Jeep and I've begun assembling a concise pile of plastic bins in the garage. I'm going to have to be as concise as possible if I want to bring a lot of things down south. Another issue is I have to leave room for a third passenger to ride in the back seat. I have plenty of time to think about it...
     08/17 - They built a new Salvation Army thrift shop in my town, awwww yeah. Today I scored an entire free-weights set with a bench and everything for $30! Crazy deal. The weights are all chrome and such too, very nice. I'm going to set them up in the basement and establish a workout room of sorts down there for when I'm at home.
     08/18 - Today (2am) I did just that. My parents want to clean out the "junk" side of the basement so I took some initiative, added some water and sweat, and tore up some carpet. Now I have a nice patch of concrete with which to build my lifting station. A few carpet squares later and voilà, I have a gym, equipped with a TV stand (music stand with iPad and speaker).
     Even more exciting than a homemade gym is that I got a last-minute visitor, Melissa! She decided she didn't have much to do and that she wanted to visit Rockford land for a day/night.

     08/19 - Just as I was a tour guide in Seattle, so now am I a tour guide to Rockford. Today Melissa and I had a fun-packed day starting in the best way possible: with Swedish pancakes at Stockholm Inn. I then toured her about Rockford proper, showing off Anderson Japanese Gardens and the botannical garden center by the Rock River. Later on we drove through my stomping grounds at Rock Cut State Park. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad she could visit :)

     08/21 - Wedding Month: Part I. Today my family attended the first of four weddings this month. It was at Rockford Brewing Company so it had a really cool hipster vibe to it. The bride is a close family friend of ours. The catering was great because the options were Chipotle or Noodles and Company, classic. I had a lot of fun and I always appreciate good architecture.
     08/22 - Today my grandma and great aunt came over for a cook-out at my house. This turned into a sending off party for me as more relatives poured in post-dinner. It was a great time and I'm glad I got to hang out with everyone before leaving for Texas land.


2 comments: