Saturday, August 8, 2015

Week 32: 08/02-08/08

Week 32
     08/02 - Finally, at long last, I have climbed a mountain and have seen Mt. Rainier up close. Today I went on a hike with some work people up Bearhead Mountain and it was great. The weather was perfectly clear and the mountains were amazing. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

 






     08/03 - Because it is my last week in Seattle, I have plans to make the most of it. Today I finally tried Pike Place Chowder and it was really good! I got the seafood chowder in a bread bowl. mmmmm :) 
     08/05 - Only a few days left in Seattle and there are a couple things left on my bucket list. Today, I visited one of the last parks I hadn't seen yet in the downtown area, Sculpture Park, while waiting for Shiro's Sushi to open. It was a great place to take a walk or bike and had a few cool sculptures. For dinner I had to try the famous Shiro's Sushi Restaurant. It's supposedly the best sushi in the world outside of Tokyo or something. It definitely lived up to it's reputation and I thought it was 
phenomenal. The sushi bar was very traditional Japanese and a great place to stop if you're in Seattle, albeit pricey.



     08/07 - Today was my last day working at KPFF for the summer! The summer really flew by. I met a ton of great people and learned a lot about structural engineering, it was a great place to work and an amazing experience. 
     Today also happens to be a Fun Friday! After work I joined many of my coworkers at Rock Bottom Brewery for some drinks and food provided by the company. I'm glad to have had the chance to socialize with everyone at work one last time. My coworkers all knew it was my last day so many of them gave me their extra drink tickets....I had a lot of beer.
     After Fun Friday, me and several others ūber-ed on over to Rheinhaus to keep the party going. We got large beers and played some bocce ball....not sure if we played it right or even kept score. All in all, it was a great last day in Seattle and I'm gonna miss this place.
     08/08 - Today is flight day! After three months in Seattle I am headed home! My flight is at 5pm so I took the morning to prep my things and walk around the First Hill neighborhood a little bit. When it was time to catch my train, I lugged all 130 pounds of my luggage down the oh so steep Cherry Street hill. It was a struggle, but I made it. I landed in good 'ole Chicago, IL at around midnight Central Time. Home sweet home.

Profound Thought: "When you're carrying 130 pounds of luggage, airport luggage carts are a must. Spend the $2."

No comments:

Post a Comment